[DeTomaso] body tilt? Mak

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun May 16 16:31:53 EDT 2010

Julian. You hit the nail right on the head and you are the first one that
had grasped my point. It dosent matter what point you use as long as you
have one point in the front and one point in the rear and you use them as a
starting point. It order to know where you are going you have to know where
you are. My take on the situation is that  Pantera time has two questions
Question #1 has nothing to do with if the car were raked from the factory or
not . It simply requieres measuring the height from a fixed point at the
front of the car relative to a fixed point in the rear. Then when you make
changes you can measure their effect on both points.  If some one is happy
with their springs and shocks the easiest way to alter the" rake" is by
changing your tires to tires with an altered outside diameter. You shouldn't
really go to tires with larger outside diameter because you may run into
problems of contact. So by finding a front tire with an outside diameter
that is smaller ( ideally around 1" smaller then the outside diameter of the
rear tires you should effectively lower your rake by 1 ". My car is
disassembled as I am in the middle of doing my Ken green brembo brake nod. I
am installing new Brembo 968 calipers, Coleman vented rotors  13.25 diameter
front with gas vents cut in and 13.1" with gas vents and directional vents
in the middle ( on both) Custom Billet hats and hubs. Custom axles heavy
duty bearings,  CV joints, powder coated a-arms, The front a-arms are having
the modification  done by Johnny woods that pick up  additional camber
giving you 7 1/2 degress of camber and caster locks built in. Custom billet
hubs on front  with billet adapters to mount the brembo calipers. I am using
poly Graphite bushings from Dennis Quella, New Koni Nitrogen adjustable
shocks with 350 lb springs on front and 450 lbs on rear. CNC dual Master
cylinder with integral balance bar with adjustment from the dash. Stainless
steel braided brake lines. BHP XPS brake pads front and rear. Nitto Nt-05
tires  235/40 zr/18's on front and Nitto NT-05 335/30/zr 19's on Rear
mounted on New True forged three piece forged billet wheels. I have just
started to reassemble everything but I have invited Pantera time to come to
my car club. We have a full shop and we allow members to use the facilities
and I have invited him to join ( no fees no dues). So far he has chosen to
procede on his own.
You know the old adage... "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make
him drink"

Boyd

 Question #1"What's the best way to measure car height difference front to
back?   I want to adjust my rear shocks cause when I hit the pedal the back
of car "sits" down.  I think suspension should be stiff enough where the car
doesn't compress the spring upon acceleration.  correct?   Likely just have
to adjust the Aldan shock pressure?   I also understand the car should sit
nose down in its stance?Question #2  " How much of a difference?"  Thanks