[DeTomaso] body tilt?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun May 16 01:19:04 EDT 2010

When I did the suspension articles a few years ago, I found the rocker
panels under thev doors are the only straight parts of our cars! EVERYTHING else
has a curve built in. So I measure from the bottom of the rocker panels,
front and back, to the ground. This adjusts the rake or as you say- tilt- when
the car is not moving, but this will not stop it from squatting under
power. Thats a function of the spring strength and the compression damping in the
shocks.
The factory measures from the center of the lower a-arm attach bolts to the
ground to set the rake, but this isn't convenient unless the car is on a
lift. Good luck- J Deryke