[DeTomaso] body tilt? Mak

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sat May 15 23:02:15 EDT 2010

Yes I agree.  It is semantics, ride height and body height are not the same
thing, just check out the frame versus the body on a monster truck for
example .  Michael

On May 15, 2010 10:55 PM, "boyd casey" <boyd411 at gmail.com> wrote:

He was asking about measuring the rake of the car and how to easily measure
the change in height from front to back.
If you have measured the height form the front bumper to the ground  and the
rear bumper to the ground you can then measure the change in rake by
measuring the change in the height of both bumpers after you have made
changes. He just put new shocks and new tires on his car. My understanding
was not that he was trying to raise or lower ride height but change the rake
(difference between front height and rear height so that the front is around
1" lower then the rear.
It's not the only way , it's one way.
Boyd