[DeTomaso] Dynomation as a Dyno Lie Detector

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Sat May 15 20:33:15 EDT 2010

Increasing CR moves the entire curve up on a % basis.

Increasing from 9.8:1 to 11:1 might move our Honda only 6 or 7hp, but that's
probably a 20% increase.  ;-)

I don't know the %, but I'd bet 5-10% per point.

In practice, it depends greatly on the camshaft though.  Use the CR that
your camshaft was designed to work with.  If you use too low CR with a cam
with too much overlap, it's going to run like a pig at low rpm's.