[DeTomaso] Window Help!

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Fri May 14 18:18:13 EDT 2010

I just did a new driver's side window, and I didn't remove the felt to get the window back in.  I did loosen some things in the door; the stop, I believe, and perhaps some other things I can't remember, (Maybe the track located at the inside of the door edge) and then I gradually slipped the glass in with some wiggling.  Do be careful not to scratch it.  If you re-did the car whiskers, I hope you used silicone rubber (the non-corrosive kind) to hold them in instead of screws.  That will greatly reduce the chance of scratches from the glass rubbing up against the cat whisker (felt) fasteners.  I remember it was tricky to get the glass in, but not impossible.

Good luck.

Sincerely,

Chris