[DeTomaso] 351C steel billet flywheel

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Fri May 14 13:46:07 EDT 2010

Dear Forum,

I see that one can buy a "steel billet flywheel" for the 351C. Allegedly, it is made from "aviation grade steel" and is "billet" (must be good then.......because billet aviation grade materials are always the best----right).

I wonder if :(1) aviation steel really exists?
(2) if there is any weight savings with billet aviation grade steel flywheels?
(3) if there is any application where this would actually be better than a stock flywheel or an aluminum flywheel?

Curious, Chuck Engles