[DeTomaso] Pantera Pics

cullen mccann clarkwgriswold2nd at gmail.com
Fri May 14 09:22:12 EDT 2010

not just that....I'm curious....I suppose that the ZF is probably not a
favorite among the drag racing community with the independent rear...but
wouldn't the drivetrain in the back of the car actually be better for
straight line traction? and weight transfer? Maybe there is no logical way
to keep the motor back there with a straight axle....

I know the first thing most people did with early Vettes that were built for
the strip was kill the IRS and go to a hard axle....it just surprises me
that the motor would be up front. I have seen one other Pantera drag car, im
sure you all have seen it too...its black with a green tube
chassis...California sag says "GON2QCK" on it....it still runs the ZF from
the photo I have. I need to get a webshots account or something so I can
post an image if you haven't seen it, I'm sure you have since a lot of you
guys appear to be on the west coast...it looks like its built to run.... and
at least it utilizes the original drive train principal...