[DeTomaso] Pantera Picts

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu May 13 17:30:19 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/13/10 12 19 11, bjbstewart at yahoo.com writes:

> It's just about complete! Take a look here:
>
> http://magnumforce.com/cars/pantera/pantera.htm
>
> Just kidding.  I came across this while i was at Magnum Force in San Jose
> today.  They Had done this Pantera about 20 years ago. I've never seen a
> front engine Pantera!  They had an old photo album showing the construction,
> i took a few pictures of it and have them posted here, worth a look!
>
> http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=20274

That's the car owned by longtimeago PCNC member Cliff Marks, who lived in
San Jose.   He also had a similarly painted 1971 Pantera, which was
photographed by Ron Kimball, who does a bunch of auto stock photography for
calendars, posters etc.   It's a very distinctive car, as it has wire wheels (!) and
dragster-style "Zoomie" headers which exit the car ahead of the rear wheels
(!!!)

It was also lowered to such an extensive degree that it became undriveable
on the street (!!!!)

http://www.kimballstock.com/pr/534531208/KimballStock_AUT_23_RK0201_01.jpg

http://www.kimballstock.com/pr/534531208/KimballStock_AUT_23_RK0203_02.jpg