[DeTomaso] FW: MSD vs HEI

Peter Menyhart pmenyhart at msn.com
Thu May 13 11:47:01 EDT 2010

With all the MSD discussions lately I have a question.Has anybody experience with a HEI distributor?I found complete Cleveland distributors with the GM cap with integrated coil and the GM ignition module incredibly cheap on ebay.Besides the sacrilege of =GM  parts on a Pantera this seems to be a mod thats cheap (4475 is beeing restored on an extreme low budget) and those parts are proven reliable and available everywhere in case of a breakdown.As an aside it will tidy up the engine bay.
So what could be the downsides?

Peter the German