[DeTomaso] Sway Bar Mounts on A-arms

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Wed May 12 12:44:35 EDT 2010

You misunderstood. My friend advised me against going with Heim joints on
the sway bar to a-arm connection. He never said it would damage the car.
What he said was it it would have a detrimental effect on the handling if I
were to hit a major pot hole or other defect in the road surface which are
quite common here in New York. He said that the force of the impact would be
transferred to the opposite wheel because the Heim joint didn't allow for
much give. He said if I were building a car for track use it would be fine
but for a car primarily driven on the street (especially imperfect road
surfaces) I would be better off sticking with rubber bushings (like the ones
I have) on my sway bars.
Boyd