[DeTomaso] Sway Bar Mounts on A-arms

hemipanter at hemipanter.se hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Wed May 12 02:27:52 EDT 2010

> Right... I am back. I have been asked nicely to rejoin the list, so I
> have.

Nice!

> Also, contrary to some individual's recommendation, although I've run 1"
> SOLID _front_ AND _rear_ sway bars since the late 80's, driven the car
> hard over 68,000 miles, taken it to so many track events with street tires
> and nice gummy slicks I've lost count and in general driven the crap out
> of it,  my Pantera's chassis is not cracking in half or otherwise.

Mine is also staying together, all the the damage comes from sliding off
the track. Maybe the weight of the car have some influence.

Oh, I'd
> better mention that the sway bars are chrome plated to see if that stirs
> up any dire warnings. Heavens! The metallurgical disaster waiting for me
> in the dark corners...
> :-)

I never seen any bar crack from beeing chrome plated, but alloy steel may
be harmed by this. To be on the safe side I think one should not chrome
high grade bolts thast is used in vital locations. On the other hand, many
times mild steel could be used for swaybars, then chrome plating is of no
problem.
Goran