[DeTomaso] Sway Bar Mounts on A-arms

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Tue May 11 21:16:37 EDT 2010

Right... I am back. I have been asked nicely to rejoin the list, so I have.

I was really getting tired of the gospel being preached with no heed to others' experience (good or bad) and knowledge.
Proven wrong, I am the first to stand and admit it, contrary to popular belief.

Also, contrary to some individual's recommendation, although I've run 1" SOLID _front_ AND _rear_ sway bars since the late 80's, driven the car hard over 68,000 miles, taken it to so many track events with street tires and nice gummy slicks I've lost count and in general driven the crap out of it,  my Pantera's chassis is not cracking in half or otherwise. Oh, I'd better mention that the sway bars are chrome plated to see if that stirs up any dire warnings. Heavens! The metallurgical disaster waiting for me in the dark corners...
:-)

I still stand unequivocally by my recommendation; especially in conjunction with a chassis rigidity kit (again, it's the Hall kit, but Precision Proformance sells the same thing) and wide sticky tires.

See you at the track. (See my next message....)

Kirby