[DeTomaso] Stock 4V Heads vs alloy

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue May 11 15:20:58 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/11/10 12:01:03 PM, lashdeep at yahoo.com writes:

> 70lbs is a lot of weight too. I may end up keeping the stock engine
> intact and building a new stroker separately.

Alloy cylinder heads, a lightweight alloy intake, aluminum water pump, a
gear-drive mini-starter and a good set of semi-equal-length headers (not 180s,
though)   drops nearly 100 lbs from a stock 351C. And the components listed
all work better than stock- most with longer lives. I have all that stuff
loaded into a 351-C in an engine I built in 1992, to which I show little
mercy. It still gives enough power to scare me and 19 mpg going to Las Vegas, on
92-octane weed-killer. Have fun- J Deryke