[DeTomaso] Stock 4V Heads

LS lashdeep at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 13:03:53 EDT 2010

I'm researching options for my future 351C build, so please excuse the day dreaming.

The stock 4V heads (early from an early 72) seem to have a lot of potential for high rpm power.

My thought is that the switch to aluminum heads is mainly for weight savings. Are these weight savings worth the purchase price?

 I understand that some of the modern Aluminum heads offer a more balanced design which incorporates a mix of 2v and 4v performance characteristics. I'm mainly concerned with top end, 4500rpm + performance, so that isn't much value to me.

Are there any other benefits?

Thanks,
LS