[DeTomaso] Adjustable Rear upper a-arms

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue May 11 02:13:28 EDT 2010

Mike,

Rarely do I disagree with you, but..... I would counter your argument as false economy, you conclude that additional length is required in the upper a-arm to improve camber, but for $369 you get a relatively fixed 3/8" with the lengthened a-arms. Add in a pair of new upper ball joints at $350 as most prudent owners would do at that point and you've just spent what the all-in adjustable (and longer) units cost and they don't require the ball joint.

I'm not talking the $1200 Pat Mical mod as discussed recently, but a simple outer heim joint a-arm of the type I have on both Pantera's like so...

IMO this offers far more rear camber flexibility especially for a low slung wide body Pantera. Furthermore Byers price requires you exchange in your current a-arms, whereas I purchased the above outright and could probably get some $$ back on my oem units.

Julian