[DeTomaso] Adjustable Rear upper a-arms

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue May 11 01:34:12 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/10/10 15 50 37, julian_kift at hotmail.com writes:

> Larry Stock, PPC Reno had a batch made up using the ones on my GT5 as
> patterns. These had considerably beefier heims than any the other vendors
> seemed to be currently offering.

I have never understood the desire to have adjustment at the upper A-arms.
 Given that all the alignment adjustments are made below, you don't really
need *adjustable* upper A-arms, you just need *longer* upper A-arms.
Longer arms will send the tops of the hub carriers out a fixed amount, and then
you can tweak the alignment in the normal fashion with shims down below.

As far as I know, only Precision Proformance (and maybe Hall Pantera???)
sells fixed-length extended A-arms.   They are much less expensive than the
adjustable versions, use the stock ball joints, and do everything you need.
Very highly recommended. :>)

http://precisionproformance.com/sc2020.htm