[DeTomaso] Coolant Screen

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon May 10 22:46:58 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/10/10 15 05 32, dsmtjoy at cox.net writes:

> I've been running them for years with no problems.  The only complaint
> I've
> heard was from one guy who installed one, never checked or cleaned it and
> then got kicked off when it got fully clogged and blew his coolant hose
> off.
> Contact info below.  Again the usual disclaimers apply.

Mine blew off because I failed to heed the directions when I installed one
in my GT350 clone.   They want you to safety-wire the two hose clamps
together.  I couldn't see the need, so I didn't.   Then I romped on the gas, at
6000 rpm the motor torqued on the mounts, pulled the filter out of the
radiator hose, and BLEAH!   the water got pumped into the radiator fan, then blew
all over my freshly detailed engine bay.

Grrr!!!

The filter itself worked really well; it was amazing how much gick was
extracted from the cooling system...