[DeTomaso] Sway Bar Mounts on A-arms

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Mon May 10 10:55:04 EDT 2010

They are different.

The sphere ball ends mount directly to the a-arm similar to the way the
stock mounts work.

Heim joints have a short length of tubing that mounts vertically.  There's a
bracket that mounts to the a-arm, and then the tubing, and then a heim joint
that can be adjusted one way or the other on the sway bar.

I haven't seen the Collector's Choice mounts, but that's the way I
understand the heim joint sway bars.

As a coincidence, I installed my rear bar yesterday.

It's a 1" hollow bar with the Quella bar mounts and sphere ball ends.

I have to install the sphere ball ends before tightening the bar mounts.
Otherwise, I can't get the sphere ball ends lined up.  The best way to
describe it is the bar at rest wants to be mounted about .250 farther out.
Once you tighten the bar, it binds.

I'm going to make spacers 0.250" thick to mount the bar at the happy place.
That's item# 47 on my list.  I'm never going to get this car back together.