[DeTomaso] Dead Pedal Installation

Edward A. Nauman enauman at roadrunner.com
Sun May 9 11:14:39 EDT 2010

>I'm a fan of my dead pedal for my clutch foot to rest on and support during

>turns and such in my other cars.  I recently redid my carpet and am

>contemplating adding on to #1488.  With the wheel well so far in, though, I

>don't know how useful it would be.

>Has anybody added one and what are your thoughts?

Hey Rob,

I did a dead pedal installation to mine a few years back.  I fabbed a box
out of sheet metal that was contoured to the wheel clearance with a nice
flat surface on the inside for my foot.  I cut the fire wall and mig welded
it in place.  It came out real nice.  After driving it a while, I don't know
how I was able to drive the car for more than an hour before I installed it.
It really takes the strain off my back and left knee on long drives.  J

Edward A. Nauman\

C.E.O.

Smart Litez Inc

Palmdale, CA. 93551