[DeTomaso] A/C Conversion

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Fri May 7 22:46:43 EDT 2010

Nick

I am wrapping up that very conversion on a car..  When I have the chance and
after I test it, I'll document it for the record.  I employed the new
evaporator modified for additional coolant tubes, flat firewall with a
Diesel Kike rotary compressor and I also used the new Aeroquip EZ Clip
fittings and hoses.  These Aeroquip fittings were top quality and greatly
simplified the installation as I could optimize hose length and attach
fittings in my garage without removing the hose and the usual back and forth
to the local hose fitting store..  Also, the Aeroquip hoses have a smaller
OD and are more flexible and that permitted routing through the frame rails.

JT