[DeTomaso] A/C Conversion

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri May 7 14:21:39 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/6/10 11:02:21 PM, MikeLDrew at aol.com writes:

> Actually, no.  Hall Pantera is unique in that they manufacture a radiator
> that is actually built at a 45-degree angle, rather than a normal, flat
> radiator which is then tilted forward with brackets etc.  The radiator sits
> at a 45-degree angle in the car but the fins are parallel to the ground.

Interesting. 10 years ago, Gary told me the radiator built on a slant
didn't work as he'd thought and they were dropping it from the catalogue.... the
original thought was to not cause flow resistence of air going thru the
core, but thats exactly what a radiator does need for good heat transfer. Maybe
they found some add'l tweek to incorporate.
Back to the original point-   there are dozens of Panteras with
front-mounted ACs that do NOT use such a radiator although many use a non-stock unit
(including mine). FWIW- J DeRyke