[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 70, Issue 7-Autocross

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Fri May 7 11:22:55 EDT 2010

Music to my ears
I think autocrossing is one of the most challenging
types of racing.. any errors and your time is out the window
... as others stated you have to be smooth
It is the hardest on a car with the side motions, stops, starts
etc.. eats motors, timing chains, bearings, spindles, breaks
rear ends and eats up lots of soft compound tires.. have done all of them

I have only crossed the Pantera several times.. wining a few
.. actually its life started as an autocrosser in Nocal
with the original owner back in the day...I Stopped
crossing it after I detailed the engine bay as the stresses
starting cracking things (bondo) that were used to smooth
the engine bay...When people tell me that the car is lifting
a front wheel in the turns you know it is stressing things

So I am working on my old autocross car to get back
into it again... great fun...and very competitive
The Nationals have over 1200 entries... biggest racing
event in the world for competitors... we have over 200
at a local SCCA event in Norcal... Like Doug says it
takes time to be competitive... glad we have some
Panteras showing there stuff

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera