[DeTomaso] Flying a P-51 Mustang - NPC

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Mon May 3 21:51:56 EDT 2010

One of the guys flying the DC-3 I was doing the run up one had an engine
failure flying to Mexico. He had a load of chickens. They took a shortcut
and flew over the ocean instead of staying over land. Right in the middle
of the ocean they puked an engine. My buddy coming from behind in a MU-2.
As the DC-3 loosing altitude over the ocean they started throwing out
tools, oil, and anything they could get their hands on. They decided if
they could not hold it at a 1000 feet the chickens were going out. They
arrested the descent at 1400 and made it in.

My buddy in the MU2 caught up and escorted them in. The escort was a
circling escort. He could not fly that slow.

Gary