[DeTomaso] oil grade type?

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Mon May 3 00:20:09 EDT 2010

Dead-on Charles.
Mobil1 15W50 (and only 15W50), some of the RotellaTs and most diesel
synthetics
 have the zinc and phosphorus loading that old engines need unless
they've been rollerized.
You can add them (ZDDP additive) but you need to know what you're
starting with.
A true synthetic won't degrade with time (or even use), but it will
suffer additive depletion and acid buildup
 plus water contamination unless driven hard from time to time.
Filter elements do degrade.
Time to change it all so you know what you have.
dave