[DeTomaso] machine ball joint to modify alignment

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun May 2 23:03:48 EDT 2010

FWIW, Boyd, I 'lock' the camber in our Pantera in a much more basic way
with no drilling. The upper ball joint carrier retaining bolts slide in slotted
holes in the upper a-arm, and really cannot be tightened enough to hold an
adjustment if the car hits a pothole or something.
I set my desired camber, then cut a little piece of 1/8" alumunum scrap to
just fill the rest of the slot- the bolt, once tightened, holds the scrap
piece in place between the ball joint carrier and the bolt's washer, and
prevents the bolt from moving. You do need 8 such pieces-one for each end of each
bolt, but the key word here is "scrap", and aluminum shapes very easily.
There's nothing really wrong with D Quellas rather elaborate camber lock IMHO.
Cheers- J DeRyke