[DeTomaso] corner weight

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun May 2 22:51:17 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/2/10 12:54:55 PM, charlesmccall at gmail.com writes:

> Jack - I read the April 06 newsletter but don't remember the details. I'm
> surprised to see such a difference between the front corners? More than
> 100 pounds difference between the right and left? Kind of the same in the
> rear... I can't think of anything really heavy that would make the weight so
> off-center. Do you?

I was puzzled, too. This car's chassis was a bit distorted as-stock, in
spite of no obvious damage- and I stripped it to bare metal for my home-made
paint job. It made the left rear a-arm angle slant a little more than the
right, too. So that was another thing corner-weighting corrected, with my old
non-adjustable Konis using shims. A couple of years later, I got Konis with
adjustable spring perches and the job was easier. Strange thing is, I won
autocrosses with it distorted like that, and we did track days and put 50,000
road miles on it.... Cheers- J Deryke