[DeTomaso] corner weight

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun May 2 19:00:57 EDT 2010

I have no idea how you guys are going to use this info unless you are racing
the car, but unless you are using substitute weight for the driver with
equipment ( helmet, etc.) and 50% full gas tank, it's a waste of time. Add a
passenger and all the adjustments are out the window. Plus corner weights
are adjusted for each race track to work effectively, depends upon the track
design, lefts, rights, banking, etc.

If a designer was going to aim for 50/50 F/R weight distribution and 50/50
L/R, then the setup would be adjusted with these weights in mind, remove the
driver and fluids and the corner weights will be scattered all over the
place.  Without adjustable shocks/springs, there isn't much you can do
anyway except start relocating stuff, consider the following non symmetrical
items ( brake booster, steering wheel assembly, clutch, battery, water
tanks, gas tank, starter, oil cooler ( if you have one ) spare tire ( if you
have one ) A/C Compressor, A/C lines, Alternator, shift linkage, etc. and
I'd bet the engine and ZF aren't balanced to an external center line either.

Michael Shortt