[DeTomaso] oil leak questions

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun May 2 10:37:33 EDT 2010

Here's another idea:

The difficulty there would be the removal of the old gasket and the cleaning of the surfaces with the pan only being able to be lowered by a small amount.  Once I lower the pan I'll see how feasible that is, because it seems as if that would be a good idea.

Only use the rubber/neoprene end seals for the pan.  Use black RTV instead
of the cork.  It does a better job than the cork.  The cork is a specific
size.  If you don't torque the pan enough, you get leaks.  If you torque it
too much, you get leaks.

Also - don't overfill the pan.

One more:  Make sure you have a working PCV.