[DeTomaso] oil leak questions

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun May 2 01:48:32 EDT 2010

The block was checked out and sonic tested before the build, and the oil pan is a brand new Armando 10-quart.  The original leak, as far as I remember, was just from the rear main seal.  That leak is still there, although a lot less significant, but this leak seemed to begin after the errant mechanic took the engine out, the builder replaced all the seals, and then the errant mechanic put the engine back in.

Chris

Question?  Same oil pan as before? Could the mating surface to the
block be warped and not sealing completely?  Is the block's bottom
surface truly level?  Is the leak in the same place?  Michael Shortt

On Apr 30, 2010 9:21 PM, "Christopher Kimball" <chrisvkimball at msn.com>