[DeTomaso] shock update

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sat May 1 11:00:55 EDT 2010

Mike is correct in refering to the spacers that are required to adapt a heim based shock end to the Pantera's shock mount which was designed for the width of std rubber bushings. The Pantera vendors normally supply those spacers with a new set of heim mount shocks. IIRC you went direct through Aldan and I doubt they are that advanced, normally supplying shocks one of two configurations; with a heim or with a std rubber bushing.

I'm going to wildly guess for the Pantera they supplied a rubber/poly bush model, in which case the steel insert/sleeve should push out of the rubber and a new one slip right in with a smear of grease. The rubber has enough flexibility that a drift will just bounce around and have no impact, so find yourself a piece of scrap tubing (or long socket) larger than the sleeve and one the same size as the sleeve OD, then place them on opposite sides and tighten in a vice to push the sleeve out.

Julian