[DeTomaso] shock update

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat May 1 10:06:40 EDT 2010

In a message dated 4/28/10 5 13 18, panteratime at aol.com writes:

> Anyone ever have to "punch out" shock sleeve in mount and "punch in"
> larger sleeve?  Aldan sent me incorrect sleeve size (bolt hole) and are sending
> me sleeves with correct size.  They say all sleeves have same "OD"
> different "ID" so its easy to punch out old and install new.  I dont trust them.
> Any comments?

It's easy.   The shocks have a simple heim joint at each end; the sleeves
are machined and simply press into the ends of the heim joint (one on each
side, four in total per shock).   All you have to do is grab the opposite
sleeves with two pairs of pliers, and start tugging/wiggling/twisting.   One
will eventually pop free; then it's simple to punch the other one out from
inside with a small hammer and punch.