[DeTomaso] Aldan vs QA1 shocks-help

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Mar 30 22:55:14 EDT 2010

In a message dated 3/30/10 5:34:20 PM, panteratime at aol.com writes:
> Any other recomendations for an aluminum coilover set for the front?

Sure. Koni makes a double-adjustable aluminum body pro racing coil-over,
and D. Quellas sells them along with the required adapters to fit Pantera
shock-mount bolts. They cost considerably more than the same coil-over in steel
and are a whole 12 ounces (3/4 lb) lighter each.... so decide if you'll
really use such a thing enough to justify the cost. Konis are also rebuildable
and revalveable if you decide you need custom valving.
On our street Pantera, I'm happy with our single-adjustable steel-bodied
gas-Konis, which can be mounted upside-down for extremely low unsprung weight.
Good luck- J DeRyke