[DeTomaso] Hemmings

pantdino at aol.com pantdino at aol.com
Tue Mar 30 00:12:00 EDT 2010

I haven't finished the article yet, but I'm not sure if we can complain if the guy didn't like the car-- he's entitled to his opinion.

But I measure 24" from the console to the arm rest. So either the author is morbidly obese or he was making no attempt to be factual.  I think the best angle is to attack the veracity of what has been published--- If Hemmings is in the business of publishing stuff that is meant to be entertaining but not accurate, they should state that.

I measure 10.5" across the pedals, outside edge to outside edge. And yes, some shoes are wide.  But enthusiats know there are things called driving shoes because most sportscars have narrow pedals.  If the author doesn't own any, maybe he shouldn't be doing road tests of those kinds of cars.

How far is the seat bottom above the ground?  My car is on the lift so I can't measure.  I'm sure it's low, but, again, if the author is so inflexible he can't get in, maybe he shouldn't test exotics.

I'll have more to say after I finish the article.

Jim