[DeTomaso] What I have for Shocks

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Mar 28 23:00:12 EDT 2010

In a message dated 3/28/10 13 56 15, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> Okay, I just came from inspecting the brake pads and front wheel
> bearings.  While there, I tried to see what I had for shocks.
>
> This is what I can barely make out:
>
> Telcar  (Large T tapering down to a small R)
> 7214
> S032005
>
> The body of the shock is Black, not blue as I had earlier surmised.
> This is on the Front only, not the rear.
>
> Can anyone tell me more about these shocks?

Sure, they are stock L-model shocks, cheap, serviceable when new, not bad,
not particularly great.   You can either evaluate them yourself, or take
them somewhere and have them checked by somebody who knows what a proper shock
should feel like.   I'd definitely do that before I spent dime one on
replacement bushings for them!

Do you still have the stock spring spacers?   If so this would be the
perfect opportunity to remove them.