[DeTomaso] Clock refurb

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 08:08:54 EDT 2010

That address is like 3 miles from my house, I'll contact him and report
back.  Michael Shortt

On Mar 27, 2010 11:32 PM, <tmshinro at aol.com> wrote:

 I had asked the group during the winter where I might get my analog Veglia
Borletti clock refurbed.   I received several suggestions and contacted a
couple but got no replies.  I was only half motivated to pursue it any
further and I started looking for clocks on eBay.   I saw an auction for a
refurbed Veglia clock from a Fiat and sent a question to the seller to see
if he offered refurb services.   The seller deals in Fiat parts.  He
responded by giving me the email for the person that refurbs his clocks.

I contacted the clock guy (Nick) and he confirmed he refurbs Veglia clocks
and offered a link to the Ferrari forum where several owners were discussing
how pleased they were with the clocks they had refurbed by Nick.   There
were a couple of testimonials that his work was equal to Palo Alto
Speedometer but much cheaper.

Nick's quote to clean/repair the works of the clock, clean the
bezel/face/hands and replace the yellowed/scratched lens with an optical
acrylic lens was only $25 plus $6 shipping and $3 insurance.   I sent him my
clock and I got it back in less than one week.   My clock was in very good
shape but did have a yellowed/scratch lens and was very noisy when it ran.
 The clock I got back looks brand new and runs very quiet now.   I had no
idea I would be able to fix my clock for so little money.

There has been some discussion about clocks recently, so I thought I would
pass on Nick's contact info for anyone that my be interested.

Nicolas Rios
14 Silver Oak Court
Pooler, GA 31322
nrios at earthlink.net

Nick was very quick to respond to my emails when I had questions.   We even
emailed back and forth when he indicated that my Veglia clock was different
in appearance from the Fiat and Ferrari clocks he had seen.   He suspected
it might have been from a Maserati to which I confirmed that DeTomaso owned
Maserati for a time.

Tom