[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 68, Issue 26- Aldins

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Sat Mar 27 00:35:07 EDT 2010

It is true that I have a spare front and back shock-Aldins
In four years I have had 3 leaks... one was last year
at the track event... noticed it after the track run
I could not tell a difference in handling but I am not
that great of a driver... I tend to adjust to what the car
is doing and would never make it in real racing as I don't
think I could give anybody the feedback they needed

I had other shocks and springs on the car before that
were suppose to be race set up but way too soft

Been told by several vendors I trust this is the best shock
setup for the car.. When I put them on the car it was on rails
I do run 550/750 lb springs and it is stiff but I always like the
cars to be that way on or off the track.. remember I run
the Dot race tires all the time on all my cars

I am installing Qa1 double adjustables (made in China)
on my Firebird autocross car... one of the other vendors
I bought subframe connectors etc said he was getting feedback
from other F-body people they tend to leak... time will tell

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera