[DeTomaso] intermittent non-starting car NPC

Larry - Ohio Time Corp larry at ohiotimecorp.com
Fri Mar 26 13:40:48 EDT 2010

Hi Jim,

The next time the car does not start have him check a few things.

Turn on the interior lights (headlight work better for this but hard to see
when alone). Are they the normal brightness? When he turns the key to start,
do the lights dim a lot, go out, or stay bright?

If the lights go dim or out you most likely have bad connections supplying
battery power. Check all cables and grounds. Then the starter.

If the lights stay the normal brightness. Check the key switch, neutral
safety switch (put trans in neutral to see if it starts). You can also jump
the solenoid (when it will not turn over) to see if it turns over then.

I would bet it is a bad power or ground connection. But Toyota starters of
the mid 90's have been known to do this too.

Let me know if I can help.

Larry (95 Geo) - Cleveland