[DeTomaso] Aldan shocks help!

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Mar 25 16:14:00 EDT 2010

In a message dated 3/25/10 12:29:22 PM, pantdino at aol.com writes:

> .....he rate of leaking from shocks should be zero. Shocks do wear out
> after 60-100K miles and some slight staining on them from microleakage
> occasionally occurs, but if they are outright failing due to leakage on cars that
> are driven as little as these are, that is something to keep in mind.

Most reported Aldan leaks are from around the damper adjusting screw, which
unscrews from the shock body. The seal is a simple o-ring, easily and
cheaply replaced. I've never heard Aldans described as other than a 'decent
street shock'. Note there is a huge difference between street coil-overs as
compared to 'performance' or racing coil-overs.   Good luck- J DeRyke