[DeTomaso] roll bar /roll cage question

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Thu Mar 25 10:50:46 EDT 2010

Dick Drenske's cage is a very nice affair and is removable.  The
firewall you have to deal with by creating a two-piece cover.  You can
do this yourself or buy a kit from someone.  Kirk Evan is gearing up
to do another run of two piece firewall covers, so you might give him
a call right away and put your name on a list.

For what is worth, for everyday driving I don't really think you need
a cage.  If you plan on any spirited driving, then okay.  I think the
Pantera actually has a pretty decent crash reputation, at least
front/rear, side impacts are always worse.

It all depends on what you want to do.

Asa Jay