[DeTomaso] Aldan shocks help!

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Mar 25 05:30:09 EDT 2010

In a message dated 3/24/10 22 31 13, julian_kift at hotmail.com writes:

> Aldans are hot rod shocks and IMHO not a good choice for a Pantera or any
> other car that sees more than a show n' shine.....okay so maybe that makes
> them suitable for some Pantera's :>). Truth is they have a habit of leaking
> and requiring rebuild, a service which Aldan readily offer presumably as
> they get so many to rebuild.

Almost everybody I know who has Aldan shocks has had them fail.   Aldan has
been very good about rebuilding them--again and again in some cases.   They
blame the owners for the failures, claiming they have done things to induce
failure, such as driving the car.   Or, in one case, not driving the car,
as the shocks were leaking in the box before they were even installed.

One set I know of has made three round trips across the Atlantic.   That
starts to get expensive in a hurry!   In fact the owner has paid more for
shipping back and forth than he originally paid for the shocks!

For the same money you can get quality Koni shocks from Dennis Quella or
Marino Perna, or QA1/Carrera shocks from Steve Wilkinson or Larry Stock.
Those are both reputable shocks from reputable companies, tailor-made for the
Pantera.