[DeTomaso] Aldan shocks help!

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 25 01:30:48 EDT 2010

I'm still ploughing my way through the 400+ list e-mails I have in my inbox and have read through almost a page of great discussion on Aldan shocks, but not one post questioning your choice of shock.

Aldans are hot rod shocks and IMHO not a good choice for a Pantera or any other car that sees more than a show n' shine.....okay so maybe that makes them suitable for some Pantera's :>). Truth is they have a habit of leaking and requiring rebuild, a service which Aldan readily offer presumably as they get so many to rebuild. IMHO there are better choices out there for your money and the vendors are set up with various packages to meet your needs, that you know will fit. You'll likely find that not many (if any) vendors carry Aldan shocks, which says something.

For short springs you can use keepers, which are simply very weak coils inserted to ensure the spring stays on it's perch during periods when all load is remobved from the spring.

Julian