[DeTomaso] roll bar /roll cage question

Rod Kunishige rkunishige at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 24 21:02:46 EDT 2010

Boyd,

Vendors do offer good cages and I bought a bolt-in one from Dick Drenski.  My intent is not to remove it.  It does have a side impact bar.  I am very aware of the need to remove the access door and vendors do offer excellent kits for this purpose.

My finances restrict my purchases, and so, I fashioned a modification of Jack DeRyke’s design to allow access without the removal of the entire cover.  Here, I eliminated the fiberglass bubble so as to be able to easily remove the steel door.  My original idea was to gain some needed room for my wife’s seat back but the Drenski design has a high cross bar that follows the top arch with plenty of room for the steel door removal.  Thus I need not remove the cage.

For more on the bulkhead mod see Tech Zone at http://ocpanteras.com/.  Also check the Newsletter section for Oct 2006 and Jun 2006 newsletters.

A short article appears in the Aug 2009 on my cage in the same site.

POCA.com has these in our Club section under Team Pantera of Orange County chapter’s newsletters.  Check out the Tech section there too.

Your best bet is with the vendors.

Good luck,

Rod Kunishige