[DeTomaso] rear brake options?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Mar 24 15:25:33 EDT 2010

In a message dated 3/24/10 10:25:48 AM, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> I don't know if there are stepped brake master cylinders?

The Precision-Proformance adapted GM power brake booster from Byars uses a
stock stepped master cylinder with a larger diameter booster diaphragm. Such
master cylinders inherently "proportion" brake force themselves but make
calculations more tricky. And remember, that power booster doesn't bolt into a
Pantera- the mount is changed from 4-bolt to a three-bolt at the firewall.
With our completely changed system, I found a small increase in brake
balance came from balancing the fronts & rears with a manual proportioning valve
in the rear, but the car was driveable without one. Good luck- J DeRyke