[DeTomaso] rear brake options?

pantdino at aol.com pantdino at aol.com
Wed Mar 24 12:20:24 EDT 2010

Sounds like the stock rear brakes on a Pantera are too small.
Putting in a pressure control valve just limits the fronts so they don't lock up too soon

Have people put a different kind of caliper on the "extra" mounting points and kept the stock one for the hand brake?

I see Wilwood calipers are actually pretty cheap (($125 for the caliper itself).  Would that make sense?  I haven't paid much attention to those because I believe they don't have dust seals at the pistons.

I'm afraid to even ask Steve Wilkinson if stock rear calipers (to replace my frozen "extra" ones) are available and how much they cost. But I guess I'll summon the courage.

Jim