[DeTomaso] Show Car Crashed...

pantdino at aol.com pantdino at aol.com
Mon Mar 22 17:23:47 EDT 2010

The forward part of the car serves as a crumple zone.  Unfortunately, there isn't much there between the bumper and the foot well.

Most cars are designed so the steering wheel does not displace rearward by keeping the steering column short and rearward.

My understanding is that the spare tire was moved to the rear because in the DOT crash tests having it in the front led to force being transmitted to the base of the windshield in lesser crashes.

Jim Oddie