[DeTomaso] Shock and tire help

panteratime at aol.com panteratime at aol.com
Sat Mar 20 21:17:54 EDT 2010

Folks,
In your responses to the question below a few have asked to know more about the car..  Its a bone stock 1972L with Goodyear Eagle P225/50VR15 tires up front.  Fluidyne aluminum radiator- Poly urethane bushings all around.  Stock swaybars.  Car has never been over 60mph and only goes out on weekend joy rides.  Never raced or pushed.  The original shock bushings are dried out and making a clunking noise.  These dried shock bushings have caused the car to be out of camber/adjustment and the tires have worn VERY uneven.  look like new from the outside with full tread depth, bald on the inside!!-ugh. looking to purchase another set of aluminum coil overs for the front, tires and an alignment.  I believe the rears are aldan AS855coilovers with 500#.

I would greatly appreciate Shock and Tire recomendations and  camber/toe adjustment instructions (to give to the guys at a local Mavis tire)

Thanks again!!!

original-
Folks,
Its been awhile since Ive been subscribed to the list.  Career and family has taken most, if not all of my time away.  Well, its spring and I remember I have a cool old car in the garage.  I also remembered it needed front shocks and tires!!  I upgraded to aluminum in 2005 in the rear only (budget constraints)  Its Time for the fronts.  The rears I bought from Aldan Shock in CA.  I believe they were AS855 coil overs.   500# coils with 12mmLRG

Do you recommend I get the rears from Aldan?   If so, what size? Any other recommendations?

Thanks
Cliff NY
1972L #4702-stock