[DeTomaso] AC Compressor - Which Toyota Celica unit works

B Hower b.hower3400 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 20 20:30:16 EDT 2010

I didn't eliminate the rails == I straightened them and re-lubed the slide area == added the full length flat strap to replace the short 3/8 thick spacers at each mounting bolt hole on floor pan. I felt that the cause for bent/bowed rails was due to no support between mounting points. The full length flat strap tacked to the lower slide plus full length support will keep the rail from bowing again. I cut the carpet out the full length and the 1 1/2 width so flat strap fits next to floor pan without pad nor carpet. My seats will actually slide fore and aft now though I don't really need them to. I think I have pictures of the modified rails if you would like a j-peg sent.

Bud 3400