[DeTomaso] Front Shock Question

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Mar 20 16:36:56 EDT 2010

In a message dated 3/20/10 11:55:02 AM, Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se writes:

> How will this affect the lower bushings more than the upper bushings?

The only thing I can conclude is, due to gravity, the weight of the car is
always bearing on the lower bushings while the upper ones only experience
partial loads- and those mostly from rough roads.   And of course, the rear is
quite a bit heavier than the front in a Pantera. In 20 years, I ruined 5
lower rubber shock bushings-all in the rear-   and zero upper ones from
anywhere, before changing to poly. In 2008, I changed to rod-end Konis. While
there's no extra noise, I'm not convinced the rod ends are of infinite life,
either. We'll see.
Cheers- J Deryke