[DeTomaso] Shock recommendations.....

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Mar 20 01:44:37 EDT 2010

In a message dated 3/19/10 6:35:04 PM, asaja at asajay.com writes:

> The shocks on my car are blue, not orange or any other color.  When I
> had them off, I found a name, but I'll be darned if I can find it now.....

There were only two OEM shocks: black Aristons which came mostly on '71s,
and medium blue Telecars on all the rest through at least 1976. Orange Konis
were aftermarket. If one or more are Aristons on your '74, these were made
by Koni and are both adjustable and rebuildable using Koni parts. Pat Mical
in MA rebuilds the Aristons and converts them for small diameter adjustable
height springs, for people who want the stock look in an updated shock. Pat
also buys old Aristons. Good luck, Asa Jay- J DeRyke