[DeTomaso] Shock recommendations.....

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 21:29:25 EDT 2010

Bilstein Shocks are blue.  Michael Shortt

On Mar 19, 2010 9:26 PM, "Asa Jay Laughton" <asajay at asajay.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Whooopeee!  I passed the tech inspection necessary for me to attend a
local driving school the first weekend of April.  However, they did
notice my little clunk problem.  They inspected all the suspension
points and couldn't find anything wrong, no cracks, loose parts, etc.
So we put it on the ground, a couple guys reefed the car around while
another mechanic looked underneath.  He believes it's the passenger side
shock.

<sigh>

So still drivable but now I'm beginning to consider shocks.  Sure wish I
would have won those at the Fun Rally last year.  I think I put darn
near -all- my tickets in there, what I had of them anyway.

The shocks on my car are blue, not orange or any other color.  When I
had them off, I found a name, but I'll be darned if I can find it now.
I checked all my old emails and all my photos from this process, and I
can't find it.  I'm not looking forward to darn near a thousand dollars
for new shocks or nearly $400 for new bushings.  At this point bushings
may only be part of the problem.  I've had feedback the shocks can go
bad too and cause this clunking.

Does anyone know what flavor these might be?  Is there a chance I can
get them rebuilt if they are not Koni?

help

Asa Jay
<long tall stranger from Spokane>

PS.  Mounted the Vitaloni's today, elected to use the side of the door
instead of the flat spot at the top.  They look pretty good, though I
cringed when I drilled the first hole.... and the second..... and the
two in the other door.

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA